Mittwoch, 14. Mai 2008

Make Google Reader work faster with Mozilla Lab's Prism

On my relatively slow system at work, Google Reader often was very lame when having been loaded in one of a few browser tabs. A few weeks ago I decided to try out Prism.

For me, the reader became remarkably faster while working in a Prism window than in a browser tab.

Actually, I'm using a whole bunch of Google services and now split out all of them via Prism. Then I made command line shortwords to use in SlickRun. Now I'm able to start my web applications by hitting WinKey-Q (shortcut to jump into slickrun's entry line), then typing Gmail(+Enter), Greader, Gnotes and so on. The applications load faster, work faster (at least on my system) - and I can switch easily between them by using Alt-TAB.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen